It’s that time of year again, where countless portfolio managers, analysts, and market strategists outline their predictions for the coming year.
And for the 3rd year in a row, I am adding my two cents to the topic.
If you have any feedback, thoughts, or would like to discuss in more detail, feel free to email me.
Thanks and have a great 2013!
My Top 10 Predictions For 2013:
1) We will see a strong summer rally this year as investors become relieved when Congress goes on vacation.
2) Investors will face higher levels of volatility in the stock market this year.
3) International focus shifts from Eurozone to Japan.
4) Realization that the US may become Japan.
5) Debt ceiling debate will cause a downgrade of US credit.
6) Apple will release a new iPhone.
7) Investors will become disappointed in Apple’s lack of innovation post Steve Jobs. Samsung to gain market share.
8) Q1 earnings will disappoint as CEOs’ use fiscal cliff as an excuse.
9) Student loans become the new hot debate.
10) Energy replaces tech as top weighting in S&P 500 as push for oil independence rises.
I go into much more detail about each of my predictions for 2013 in this week’s market piece. If you are on the distribution list, you will receive it this afternoon.
If you are not and would like a copy, please leave me your email: